The Iowa City VA Medical Research Foundation (ICVARF) is a 501(C)3 non-profit biomedical research foundation affiliated with the Iowa City VA Health Care System. ICVARF is seeking a part-time with full-time potential Executive Director with a proven track record of success in leading an organization to achieve short-and long-term fiscal, programmatic, and operational goals and objectives established by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with VA administrators, other governmental and university officials, research scientists and their staff, donors, and the public. If you have a passion to help advance medical research and support Veterans–this is the job for you!
- The ideal candidate will possess exceptional leadership skills.
- An advanced degree or 5+ years of executive level management experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in a not-for-profit organization working closely with government and academic medical institutions and an understanding of accounting principles and Federal grant management (CDC, DoD) is highly desirable.
- Human Resources, benefits management, and knowledge of investment best practices to maintain the Foundation’s assets are part of the critical skill set.
- There is significant growth potential for the Foundation to increase research projects supporting and treating our Veterans under the direction of an ambitious Executive Director.
Compensation and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits are negotiable and may include paid time off, parking stipend, 401K + matching and access to health insurance. All replies will be treated confidentially. Flexible working/hybrid time possible.