The following resources have been collected from national, state, and local nonprofit organizations, private businesses, and the Community Foundation of Johnson County’s publications. If you are searching for a resource which is not available here, please reach out to email@example.com.
Resources for Nonprofit Organizations
- We Need to Talk About Our Toxic Obsession with Productivity (Vu Le, NonprofitAF)
- “How to Reduce Bias in Your Workplace” Video
- Accounting Software List Local NPOS Use
- Background Check Websites Local NPOS Use
- Budgeting for Change (Kate Barr, Propel Nonprofits)
- “Best Financial Practices for Nonprofit Organizations” Video
Development & Fundraising
- If a 17 Year Old Can Fundraise, So Can You (Joan Garry)
- Ignited Fundraising (Lori Jacobwith)
- What is Our Money Story and How Do We Tell It? (Video)
- “3 Ways to Be A More Effective Fundraiser” Video
- Nonprofit Marketing Guide
- Free Services for Nonprofits List
- “Everyone Deserves A Fair Slice” Video
- “Sickness Doesn’t Fight Fair” Video
- Big Ideas, Small Budgets: How to Find Abundance in a Nonprofit Marketing Budget (Gladiator Consulting)
- “What Brands Can Learn From Online Dating” Video
- Pexels Stock Photos & Video
- Flowcode QR Code Maker
- Wondershare Filmora Video Editor
Board Fundraising: Building Board Development Champions – February 8, 2023
- Session Recording – Building Board Development Champions, February 8, 2023
- Board Fundraising Toolkit, Editable Version (Ellie Moore)
- Board Fundraising Presentation Slides
How to Surprise and Delight Your Donors – November 9, 2022
- Session Recording – How to Surprise and Delight Your Donors, Nov. 9, 2022
- 50 Ways to Love Your Donors (Quad Cities Community Foundation)
- Donor Centered Thank You Letters Project (Penelope Burk)
- Donor Thank You Calls E-Book and Script (Claire Axelrad)
- Best Practices Gift Acknowledgment (Association of Donor Relations Professionals)
End of Year Giving Tips – September 21, 2022
LGBTQ+ 101 for Service Providers – August 10, 2022
- Session Recording – LGBTQ+ 101 for Service Providers, August 10, 2022
- LGBTQ Archives Library
- LGBTQ Clinic – UIHC
Nonprofit Social Media 101 – June 8, 2022
Secondary Trauma & Burnout in Nonprofit Professionals – May 11, 2022
Climate Chat – April 13, 2022
- Session Recording – Climate Chat, April 13, 2022
- Iowa City Resource Management Department Website
- Iowa City Climate Ambassador Program
- Energy Blitz – April 23rd
- What is Wish-Cycling?
- Oneta Green Tag Program
- Love Food, Fight Waste Program
- What can nonprofits do?
- Share the work of the Climate Action Network & what your organization is doing
- Partner with the City of Iowa City to highlight your programs and work around climate action
- Add solar on your property
If you have a question for your peers, please email Ellie to have your inquiry sent via our e-newsletter.
Social Media Spotlight
The CFJC frequently shares stories and needs of Johnson County nonprofits on their social media. If you know a nonprofit organization serving Johnson County with a story to share, nominate them to be highlighted on the CFJC’s social media by filling out the contact form below!
Please include the organization name, a brief message or story to share, and your relationship to the organization. Thanks for supporting our Johnson County nonprofits!
Reserve the CFJC Dean Price Conference Room
The CFJC is proud to share our office space with our Johnson County nonprofit friends! If you’d like to reserve our Dean Price Conference Room, please fill out the form below and a staff member will be in touch with you. Please note, our conference room is only currently available for use during our office hours (M-Th, 8-4; F, 8-3).
Amenities: Free for all Johnson County nonprofits; flexible seating for up to 20; free guest WiFi access