The CFJC’s Community Book Club has read and discussed 7 books together, and we welcome you to join us for Book #8! This opportunity is open to anyone – donors, nonprofit partners, and community members. The Discussion Table Book Club is an informal space for professional development, networking, and learning. Our book for this summer is “Philanthropy Revolution” by Lisa Greer. This summer book club will be a different format than usual, with the group reading the full book independently then coming together once, in person to discuss the full book. We hope you can join us!
The Discussion Table Book Club
Summer Book Club Discussion
Summer Book Club has begun! Join anytime by simply completing the RSVP below and start reading! This summer’s book club will read the full book independently and come together just once in-person at Big Grove Taproom on June 22nd from 3-4pm to discuss the book together. We hope you will be able to join us (whether or not you’ve finished the book)!
Our Book Club is a casual, conversational, engaging space for connection and learning together. Please register at the links below to join in the conversation. Have questions? Email Ellie@cfjc.org. We hope you’ll join us!
RSVP For June
Get your book today! A list of local bookstores is available here if you’d like to shop local.
Resources mentioned in discussion and shared by book club members:
The Light We Carry (Michelle Obama)
Changing the World Without Losing Your Mind (Alex Counts)
The Last Suspicious Holdout (Laddee Hubbard)
Made to Stick (Chip & Dan Heath)
Make the Impossible, Possible (Bill Strickland)
- Bill Strickland’s Webpage
- 1619 Freedom School, Waterloo IA
- Strickland Lecture Event Page, UofI
- Strickland UofI Lecture News Article
- David Gould Life Design Class Page
- Bill Strickland’s Music to Make the Impossible Possible
No More Duct Tape Fundraising: A Nonprofit Leaders Guide to Raising More Money (Rachel Ramjatten)
- Virtual Solicitation Tips (Book Club Members)
Joan Garry’s Guide to Nonprofit Leadership (Joan Garry)
- Board Term Limits (BoardSource)
- Board Succession Planning (BoardSource)
- Board Recruitment Tool (Iowa Council of Foundations)
- How To Train Your Board to Fundraise (Trainyourboard.com)